Five good reasons to get out and Vote Liberal Democrat this Thursday 2nd May
1. We have cancelled plans for a law which would have kept records of all the websites you visit and all the people you communicate with on social media sites – the so-called snooper’s charter. The proposals were an infringement of our privacy that wouldn’t have worked to make us safer, so we said no.
2. This week’s GDP figures showed the economy is starting, slowly, to get stronger, as we steadily bring borrowing under control and build confidence in Britain again. Liberal Democrats in government have focused on creating jobs and opportunities, especially for young people, and our commitment to a stronger economy is pointing us in the right direction.
3. Crime is falling – again. It’s one of the untold stories of this government, but crime is lower than at any time since 1981. Of course, many factors affect crime rates but I firmly believe our drive on rehabilitation and treatment in prison and in the community is paying dividends.
4. Payday comes this week for millions – the first pay cheque to benefit from our £600 tax cut. Everyone who was affected by Gordon Brown’s 10p tax fiasco now pays no tax at all on their wages.
5. The Green Investment Bank issued its first guarantee this week, enabling the conversion of Drax coal-fired power station to biomass, cutting carbon, creating jobs and shifting us to a cleaner, stronger economy.
This is what Liberal Democrats have achieved in government and of course, our councillors are, quite frankly, better than the others!
Look at the record of Labour and Conservative councils and you’ll find shocking stories of waste and inefficiency while services local people rely on are cut. One fact is illustrative: no Lib Dem council has closed a library this year, only councils run by the other parties.
SO THIS THURSDAY VOTE FOR STEPHANIE & DERRICK FAIRBROTHER FOR A FAIRER SUFFFOLK